Listen to great music on ZED 101.9FM

Listen Now

Egypt’s President Rejects Any Plan to Move Palestinians Out of Gaza

Egypt’s President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi has once again rejected any plan to force Palestinians out of the Gaza Strip. He says such actions would be dangerous for the region and the whole world.

Speaking at Egypt’s Police Day event in Cairo on Saturday, President el-Sissi said Palestinians must not be removed from their land. He warned that pushing people out of Gaza would destroy their hopes for having their own country.

“I strongly reject any attempt to displace the Palestinian people from their homeland,” he said. “These practices must stop.”

El-Sissi explained that Gaza is home to about 2.5 million Palestinians. If they are forced to leave, many will try to move to other countries. He warned that this could send large numbers of refugees toward Europe and Western nations.

He said such a situation would create serious security, economic, and social problems that no country would be able to handle easily.

Since the Israel-Hamas war began in October 2023, Egypt has made its position clear. The Egyptian government believes that moving Palestinians out of Gaza would end their long-standing demand for an independent Palestinian state.

Earlier this week, President el-Sissi spoke at the World Economic Forum in Davos. There, he said Palestinian statehood is the key to peace in the Middle East. According to him, without a Palestinian state, the region cannot be stable.

“Palestinian statehood is the foundation for a just and lasting peace,” he said.

On Saturday, el-Sissi also warned against any effort to divide countries in the region or take parts of their land. He said Egypt sees such actions as a serious threat to its national security.

“Egypt considers these actions a red line that must not be crossed,” he said. “They directly endanger our security.”

The Egyptian leader also called for the next stage of the Gaza ceasefire to be fully carried out. He said the second phase should focus on keeping the peace and starting the rebuilding of Gaza.

He added that Egypt supports international efforts to help reconstruct the area and improve the lives of Palestinians.

Egypt has agreed to work with the United States on a new peace plan. President el-Sissi said his country will join a board led by US President Donald Trump, called the “Board of Peace,” which will help oversee the ceasefire and reconstruction process.

In closing, el-Sissi said Egypt will continue to support the Palestinian people and defend their right to remain on their land. He stressed that peace can only come through justice and respect for the rights of all people in the region.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *